Listed below are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the fellowship process and experience. If you have a question that is not answered, please email the fellowship team at email@example.com.
1. What level of education is required? There are no specific degree requirements
2. How will the English tests be carried out? The English requirement is evaluated from the quality of your application as well as the English speaking and listening skills exhibited during the interview.
3. How are the slots distributed among the three countries? The distribution of slots is dependent on the quality of applications from each country.
4. Can I edit my application after submission? Yes. You would need to submit the following details: Full names, date of birth & email address to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 days before the deadline for application.
5. Can I reapply to the program if not selected in a past application? Yes, you can reapply to the program.
6. What types of recommendation letters are required? One letter should be from an employer, while the second letter should be from a person who you have interacted with PROFESSIONALLY. Please do not submit transcripts, resumes or any other documents except recommendation letters.
7. Can I submit a handwritten recommendation letter? Handwritten letters are acceptable. However, the letter MUST be legible.
8. I am older than 40 years, can I still apply? No, you are not eligible. The age limit is a guideline provided by the U.S. Department of State and applies to all Professional Fellows Programs. It is not negotiable.
9. How will fellows implement follow-on projects that are not funded? We encourage applications to propose projects that are in line with the inclusive employment work that they are currently doing within their organizations so as to leverage resources available within this space.
10. I have disability, can I still apply? Yes, we strongly encourage people with disabilities to apply. Should you need disability support during your application, kindly get in touch with Sarah Wangómbe at email@example.com.
11. I do not have a disability, can I apply? Yes, the fellowship opportunity is open to all applicants.
12. What is the application process? The PFP-IDE application is a two-step process. In the first stage, you will submit an online application and two recommendation letters. In the second step, we carry out face to face/ Skype based interviews with the semifinalists. Successful finalists in the interviews stage are selected as the program fellows.
13. How does the fellow-host matching process work? We match selected fellows with host organizations based on the fellow’s career track, interest in the fellowship as well as proposed follow-on project.