The entire PFP-IDE Team is very excited to welcome our Spring 2019 cohort of Professional Fellows! Participants in this cohort were selected from hundreds of applicants and will be traveling to the US from their home countries of Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda. Their fellowship projects span many facets of inclusive employment, but all hold the goal of sustained and quality employment for PWD at their core. To learn more about the ten fellows and the host sites where they will be placed, please click the links below:
· Idah Sendagala will spend her fellowship at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
· Evelyn “Gloria” Piloya will spend her fellowship at the University of South Dakota Center for Disabilities in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
· Peter Ochieng will spend his fellowship at Georgia State University Center for Leadership in Disability in Atlanta, Georgia.
· Mashukura “Habibu” Kabwogi will spend her fellowship at the Paul V. Sherlock Center for Disabilities at Rhode Island College in Providence, Rhode Island.
· Gamariel Mboya will spend his fellowship at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
· Ines Kajiru will spend her fellowship at the Sonoran Center for Excellence in Disabilities at the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona.
· Daniel Chege will spend his fellowship at the University of Minnesota Institute for Community Integration in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
· Lewis Muruthi will spend his fellowship at Utah State University Center for Persons with Disabilities in Logan, Utah.
· Noela Luka will spend her fellowship at Rooted in Rights at Disability Rights Washington in Seattle, Washington.
· Truphfosa “Fridah” Monah will spend her fellowship at the Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE) in Rockville, Maryland.
Please join AUCD, ICI, Humanity and Inclusion, and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the US State Department in welcoming all fellows to the United States and wishing both fellows and hosts the best in their partnership.